Re: KlezKanada

Lorele,

No more excuses.  Anyone who loves klezmer MUST go at least once to
KlezKanada or KlezKamp.  First, these organizations need our support.
Second, it gives you the opportunity to meet world class musicians, experts
in klezmer history, Yiddish language and Yiddish culture.  Plus, you meet and
get to share the experience with so many others with similar interests.

Where else can you get to see  Brave Old World in an intimate setting on a
Thursday afternoon playing new Jewish music while explaining how they created
the piece.  How about a Michael Alpert lecture on his trip to Ukraine in
search of musicians who remembered playing with Leon Schwartz's brothers.  I
didn't even mention the dance bands, concerts, classes, unique
theatrical/historical based creations of Jenny Romaine, plenty of food and
snacks (just forget the coffee), late night shows with associated sleep
deprivation, etc.

Oh, I was wondering if the word mentsch applies to male and female.  If so,
than Margot Leverett fits that category.  One of the nicest people you will
ever meet. In fact, you might be surprised that most of the staff musicians
are very approachable and are willing to share their knowledge with you.  So
what are you waiting for?

Alan Sisselman