Re: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 2001

Shira,

I found the volume in the Aaron Gerber Library at the Cleveland College of
Jewish Studies, where I had done research, but had not looked in the
oversize volumes before.  This library has many hidden Yiddish gems,
including their collection of old sheet music which I am slowly cataloguing
for them.  Out of the other pieces I mentioned, I only have the Songs and
Games for Kindergarten, which I own and from whence came the first song on
my CD, the lovely Der seyder.  It has many interesting songs for kids that
don't sound like throw aways with the idea of "It's good enough; it's only
for children" that comes through in many works written for children.  Here
is real artistry.  One can tell from this song the depth of Wajner's
understanding of Jewish music and composing, in general.  I would like to
hear his "adult" compositions.

One of these days I will do the album I have been planning on Yiddish
children's songs.

Lorele

Susan Lerner wrote:

> At 12:11 AM 8/29/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >a collection of his songs, Cantos de lucha y resurgimiento (Songs of
> >Struggle and Resurrection).
>
> Lorele, I take it that the collection is findable in library
> collections.  What about the other pieces that you mentioned?  Have you
> found copies?  This sounds positively intriguing.
>
> Shira

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->