Re: "Jewish" Violin Music

In a message dated 8/8/01 10:32:14 AM, combrink (at) herzlia(dot)com writes:

<<
I am looking for music for a violinist who wants to play Jewish Music at
various concerts and functions. He has played Bloch's "Baal Shem", to
acclaim, and would like to explore more music in this vein.

Any suggestions for violinists other than the complete works of Bloch?  >>

I'm not a violinist but am working on a program right now with a violinist
for a classical evening before our Slichot service. We're also doing (in
addition to Bloch...) a Copeland Nocturn (haven't seen it yet...) and
possibly a Fritz Kreisler work. (We're also doing trio sonatas of Rossi and
some solo works with cello so I don't have to have an entire program with
just violin. Plus I'll play flute to expand our program. But I'm also looking
for more ideas...)
Incidentally, does anyone out there think that there is any question about
Kreisler's Jewish identity? Not remembering why I'm remembering this...
Adrianne