Re: Sephardic Jews in music

   Yes, he was Sephard. The name was abbreviated when his family came to the
US. Check his bio. He's also listed as Sephard in a book about American
Jewish musicians...I forget the title...I think it's called, TO LIFE! And
nu??? There were lots of Sephard people who made it to Poland in the last
couple of centuries...just ask my family...both sides of which are Sephard,
but lived in Poland and Eastern Europe for about the last 400 years,or
so...it beat living in Spain, Italy and Portugal during the Inquisition.
    Trudi the G