  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Lenka Lichtenberg
  Sent: Tuesday, 17 July 2001 6:47 p.m.
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Subject: Kol Nidre

  Dear Listers,
  I have been invited to sing Kol Nidre at the Learning Service of our small
congregation (members desribe ourselves as traditional egalitarian and i'm
not sure how it differs from Reform of which we are using prayer books).
where do i begin? i took it on  (probably being overly ambitious) as an
inspirational challenge, hopefully not way over my greenhorn head. i can't
read Hebrew that well though help is on hand if text is available; i'm
hoping to learn it more or less by listening (all summer, 100 times a day)
to the recorded singing of...?  Please help...
          thanks,           lenka

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->