Kol Nidre

yiddish chorusesDear Listers,
I have been invited to sing Kol Nidre at the Learning Service of our small
congregation (members desribe ourselves as traditional egalitarian and i'm not
sure how it differs from Reform of which we are using prayer books). where do i
begin? i took it on  (probably being overly ambitious)  as an inspirational
challenge, hopefully not way over my greenhorn head.  i can't read Hebrew that
well though help is on hand if text is available; i'm hoping to learn it more
or less by listening (all summer, 100 times a day) to the recorded singing
of...?  Please help...
        thanks,           lenka

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->