Nefesh Summer Update

Time to update everyone on our exciting news -
We are just a couple of weeks away from the release of our debut CD, "NEFESH
UNPLUCKED", pre-release reviews and comments have been really positive and we
are looking forward to the actaul release date with anticipation. We have
already received several requests for air-play on Jewish radio stations
around the country. The album features 18 tracks with four original
compositions. The original compositions are 'Franz's Bulgar', an hilarious
adaptation of Franz Shubert melodies in klezmer style by Ed Goodman, an
all-Yiddish lullaby 'Ebige Kinderlied {Timeless lullaby} ' and 'Bislechvayz
(Little by little), by Alan Falk (with a lot help from friends on the
Yiddish!), and a beautiful composition by Alex's brother, Michael Greenberg,
composed for the celebration of Alex's son David's Bar Mitzvah, entitled 'Far
Dovidl (For David}.
The album reflects a broad and eclectic range of Jewish musical tradition and
styles which we present in our concert performances - klezmer, yiddish
theatre, Israeli (ancient and contempory), liturgy, Middle Eastern and even
Al Jolson manages to creep into the act!
We'll send out another broadcast when we have the actual release day with
information on how and where to purchase YOUR copy of "NEFESH UNPLUCKED!"
Our other other big news is we were selected to perform at the forthcoming
NEW HAVEN INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL ON ARTS & IDEAS. This is Connecticut's
premier arts festival and you can see us perform in concert on Sunday, June
17th at 5pm, Main Stage (Fleet Stage), On the Green, Downtown New Haven. This
is a Free Concert.
Remember - you can always visit our website to see what we are up to:
http://members.tripod.com/Nefeshband
Want to be put on our contact list to purchase a CD? then e-mail:
nefeshband (at) altavista(dot)net
Have a wonderful summer
Alan Falk
Nefesh Klezmer Band