VCR Alert: Klezmer on PBS-TV this weekend

It is my understanding that on this weekend's edition of the PBS-TV show
"Religion and Ethics Newsweekly" there will be a five-minute segment about
klezmer, including interviews with and live footage of the Klezmatics, David
Krakauer (playing solo at the Eldridge Street Synagogue) and Hankus Netsky
and the KCB, featuring Jeff Warschauer and Deborah Strauss.

The show typically airs some time over the weekend.

In New York is scheduled for Channel 13 at 10:30 am Saturday May 19.

Boston WGBH, Saturday, May 19, 6:30 am.

Chicago WTTW   Sunday   11:30 AM and/or WYCC   Sunday   9:00 PM

The show has a website where it is very easy to find out when it airs on
your particular PBS station.
http://www.thirteen.org/religionandethics/index.html

I confess (somewhat hesitantly, since I had no control over the finished
product) to having consulted with the producers of this segment.

Alas, I don't have cable, so I won't be able to watch. Let me know how it
goes down.

Seth Rogovoy
author of "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to Jewish Roots and
Soul"
http://www.algonquin.com/catalog/pagemaker.cgi?1-56512-244-5
“THE BEST INTRODUCTION TO KLEZMER MUSIC …. Seth Rogovoy knows how to write
about music in a fluent and easily understandable way …. The best starting
point for anybody interested in klezmer.” --- Louis Gerber,
www.cosmopolis.ch.