Re: separate services

 As I recall the case, it was a Jewish woman (since the bus travelled
between
 downtown NYC and Hasidic shtetl, everyone on the bus was Jewish.)  For the
 ride home from work, she took the seat just behind the usual mehitsa line
of
 the bus.  However, more men than usual got on the bus, and she was told to
 move all the way to the back of the bus so that the men could daven mincha.
 She refused.

 I haven't heard anything about how the court case turned out.