From:  Trudi Goodman [SMTP:goobietheg (at) hotmail(dot)com]
Sent:  Monday, April 30, 2001 11:59 AM
To:  World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:  YBD: help find a cure and stamp it out in your lifetime!!!!!

   Actually I was planning on being a flaming LimeGreen feminist!!!
Labels are useless. The bottom line is respectfulness. And at the risk of
being redundantly redundant: some of the men on this list need to deprogram
themselves from the more standard Jewish Male way of looking at any woman
who wants what is rightfully hers, religiously and otherwise as being a
combination of a khurve and a yenta. That, and that a religiously trained
woman couldn't or wouldn't possibly want to change "tradition." Read here:
Male domination in the Jewish Religious and Cultural spheres.
   As my grandfather Moe would say(he was Cantor)if HaShem had not intended
women to be forthright then why would they be made so? He usually cited
Deborah, Miriam and Ruth. And Moe would usually add that Men who couldn't or
wouldn't see the inherent neccessity for women to be so, could not really be
Jewish men. Because if it wasn't for Strong and Forthright Jewish women
there would be no Jewish men.
   Being a great wit in English, Yiddish and Lithuanian, he referred to men
like this as suffering from Yeshiva Bocher Disease. -Not bad for a Chasid,
eh????

      Trudi the G