Re: YBD: help find a cure and stamp it out in your lifetime!!!!!

--- Eliott Kahn <Elkahn (at) JTSA(dot)EDU> wrote:

> The issue of women's participation in Judaism
> is--judging from the vitriol--obviously a hot button
> issue. It's obvious that something should be done to
> empower women in a fair and equitable fashion. But,
> as I've continually said, what makes Orthodox
> Judaism appealing to some of us--myself included--is
> the desire not to throw everything traditional away
> and jump on the first ideological bandwagon. That is
> part of its charm and that is why some of us
> treasure it.

This is precisely why many people (Avi Shafran
notwithstanding) appreciate "Conservative" Judaism.
It is possible to hold on to the traditions that are
relavant and still applicable while changing those
that may be adapted to the modern era.

=====
KLEZSKA - part of the next wave in Jewish music   www.mmp3.com/klezska