Re Shevach/Salonika

ro (at) panix(dot)com wrote:

> listening to Uri Shevach Sings with Kol Salonika Vol 2
>
> (and if anyone knows anything abour Uri Shevac or Kol Salonika, I'm interested
> in learning).

I did this before - posting questions before I RTFLN (read the Fine Liner
Notes).  Although the notes on the Aderet reissues are not usually
copious, this one does explain a good deal.  Oddly, it almost sounds
like a Manifesto for the Conservative Movement ("throughout the galut,
the Jew ingeniously managed to blend the unique quality of his own faith
with the culture of the country in which he lived...")

Its an interesting record.