Fw: [HANASHIR:8252] RE: A Woman's Place (Kol Isha)

This thread is going simultaneously on two lists, so I'm forwarding this one
that was just sent to Hanashir.

Adrian,

At the time of posting the note  "A woman's place" - I had a feeling I would
hear from you...  :-)   But I truly believe that the issue I raised is the CORE
of the problem, and that's why I posted it.  Think about it.  If you strip away
layer after layer and try to get to the bottom of the issue - this is what
you'll find. Can you find another "bottom line? I mean - what is the point of
having a discussion if we only stay on the surface of things?

I am sorry if I offended anyone out there ( Jordan, Eric, Judah, ) - but it's
hard not to offend when you already feel so offended, as I (and obviously so
many others ) do  by "Kol Isha Ervah".  It's hard not to show a degree of
disrespect - when I'm forced to hear that my voice is linked to "nakedness and
lasciviousness".  Sorry.

My voice is my instrument. G-d has given me a beautiful and spiritual voice, (
I appologize for the immodesty ) and all I want to do with it is sing to and
praise  G-d.  What I do with the music I compose and sing is the farthest thing
form "nakedness and lasciviousness" as you can imagine.  That is why this
saying, "Kol Isha Ervah" tears at the fabric of my soul - it hurts so much -
more than you'll ever know.   This is why I printed on the face of my CD,  in
Hebrew letters,  "Kol  Isha  T'filah"...

Shirona
* * *  Singer / Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music * * *
          www.shirona.com