Re: Family

Hi Bob,

There are many potential audiences to the program you presented... do you
know about the CAJE conference? If you don't - I'll be happy to tell you all
about it, because I believe you can present at the conference.  I know
people you can get in touch with - if you're interested in doing this sort
of thing.

What is your ( musical and otherwise ) - background?  You asked me the same
question - and I'm afraid my answer will be far too long and complicated...
The major highlights for now are - I began composing original music based on
Liturgical and Biblical texts, in Hebrew, ( I grew up in Israel, was born in
Brooklyn ) - and produced a CD that was just recently published. The only
formal musical training I have is Voice - I've been a singer for many years.
(  I started out singing Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald songs when I was
in Art school.)  My degree is in Fine Art...  At 16 I taught myself to play
the guitar, and currently I support myself as a music teacher in several
Hebrew schools. I also perform - although I have not pursued that aspect of
my new career - yet...

What else can I say - I LOVE music, I LIVE music...of all kinds. Creatively
I'm interested in the connection between music and higher spiritual states -
and I don't mean "religious" in a conventional way.  That is what I set out
to do in composing.  If you want to catch a glimpse of my recording - my
fledgling website has several links that have Real Audio clips.

www.shirona.com

Looking forward to hearing from you - again, I believe that your program is
important - not just entertaining and educating. I would love to help you
get the message out there!

Shirona