Re: Family

Shirona,

Thanks for your note.  I too wish we had more time.  Especially to
hear from people like you who came.  There was a lot of musical wisdom
in the room that we didn't get to share.

But I had so, so much that I wanted to play and say, even with lots of
editing.  We didn't even hear any Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Harold
Arlen, or music of the past 60 years, let alone the classical and
reggae music I have.  And I cut off Suppertime and Strange Fruit...
It's amazing to me that a program that began with a dozen examples off
the top of my head, quickly grew to over 40.

Maybe I'll get to do it again with a bit more time (and a more narrow
focus?).  But I doubt that I'll ever get the number and diversity of
Jewish music people that we had Saturday night.  (Although, may I'll
get to do it for a Black or Black and Jewish audience someday.)

I'm glad that you enjoyed the quizzes.  Did you like the initial use
of names given at birth (e.g., Israel Baline for Irving Berlin)?

Tell me more about your Jewish Music connections and where you came
from.

Bob

P.S. I hope that you got to go to other sessions.  If you did, how was
the experience?  I ask in part as the co-coordinator of last year's
Torathon -- our first.