Live Music during Jewish Music Roundtable

Hi, all,

Andy Statman plays every Thursday:

Music of the Jewish Mystics. An ongoing series, spotlighting Andy's
search for the basic nature of mystic Jewish music and practice.
Different musicians, instrumentation, and musical settings are presented
each week. Always introspective, a work in progress. Quoting Andy from
the Village Voice: "It's more than nostalgia. Nostalgia has nothing to
do with it," Statman says. "The melodies are already set up to induce
the spirit. We just give it our own treatment."

Music from 8 to 10:30 PM. Suggested donation is $10, $7 for students.

Darech Amuno (Greenwich Village Synagogue) 53 Charles Street (corner
West 4th St.) 212 242-6425

you can e-mail me:

citizen kafka ckafka (at) dti(dot)net

for any more information.

Andy's bluegrass band is playing at the Bottom Line on February 28th.

take care,

citizen kafka

--
Listen ANY TIME at: