Re: anyone know this cd?

on 1/10/01 8:15 PM, Sandra Layman at sandl (at) compuserve(dot)com wrote:

> Dear Rachel,
>
> Your CD is part of a 3-CD series called "Village Music from Romania:
> Oltenia - Moldavia - Transylvania" which consists of recordings made by
> Romanian ethnomusicologist Constantin Brailoiu and his assistants from 1933
> to 1943.
>
> In the late 1980s, I was fortunate to receive the series as an album,
> including all 3 CDs and a large booklet, from Speranta Radulescu, who wrote
> the very extensive notes that came with the album. It's too bad that, when
> people buy the disks separately, they don't get any of the notes.

Dear Sandra,

This sounds like a really great collection. Do you, or anyone else on list,
know where I can purchase the complete set in the US? I couldn't find it in
Amazon.com last night, I'll continue to check a few other places later as
well. Thanks,

Seth

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com
email; seth (at) sethausten(dot)com

"Music is far, far older than our species. It is tens of millions of years
old, and the fact that animals as wildly divergent as whales, humans and
birds come out with similar laws for what they compose suggests to me that
there are a finite number of musical sounds that will entertain the
vertebrate brain."

              Roger Payne, president of Ocean Alliance, quoted in NY Times