Re: contemporary liturgical folk music

I have been playing more of shlomo on the NUSACH INTERNET RADIO NETWORK.
When you think of liturgical music and cantorial music, many of Shlomo's
compositions that were thought as folk when he first performed them, have
slipped into the repetoir of many congregations and into the nusach of
shabbat morning.  If you think of cantorial music only as Rosenblatt
generation, then it is a closed type of NUSACH.  However, Nusach is an
evolving art.  The shame is that many cantors no longer use specific nusach
for the holidays to set the mood and give the yom tov its special "tam."
IMHO......

Winston Weilheimer
host/owner
NUSACH INTERNET RADIO NETWORK
The ORIGINAL JEWISH SOUL MUSIC!
http://sites.netscape.net/nusachmaven

>From: "Richard Green" <rmarkgreen (at) hotmail(dot)com>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: Re: contemporary liturgical folk music
>Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:45:29 -0500

--- Begin Message ---

I don't really mind cantorial, it's just that I think Shlomo Carlebach wrote some very beautiful

songs too.