Re: Oyf vs. Af

But why is it always transliterated as "oyf", then?  What was the standard
pronunciation in the theater, for instance, if there was one?  What is the
pronunciation I should use without criticism?  It seems most people do =not=
say "oyf", but it is not clear what =to= say.  I think I'll take the "f" off
and just say, "Oy".