  From: CANTORMUM (at) aol(dot)com
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 8:08 PM
  Subject: Re: Fiddler and After

  I saw The Rothschilds in a small theatre in NYC in the past 10 years - sorry
  to be so vague. It was done in an intimate setting, almost theatre in the
  round and was very successful.

  I think that part of its failure before was that it was really an intimate
  musical done in too large a setting.

  There is even a one man show based on the score. I think it is Cantor Bernie
  Dienstag who performs this very successfully.

  I too love the music.

  Cantor Miranda Kark Beckenstein
  Temple Beth Or,
  Washington Township,