year's top 10, more or less

So, every year I mean to write some sort of "state of klezmer," or at least,
"state of the edges of Jewish culture as expressed by music, as perceived by
me." I also want to give credit to those artists whose music made this year
especially good. This year, unlike most years, I've written both. You can read
about the new Romance of the "Shtetl." (I'm mostly ag'in' it) and "the best
recordings of 2000" all on the same page.

http://www.klezmershack.com/articles/davidow/2000_1230_yearsbest.html

Enjoy! Pass the URL onto friends for discussion, but don't print out too many
copies--Tu B'Shvat is only a month away, and it's never to early to save some
trees :-).

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com