Re: Beregowski's recordings

Dear Michel,

Some of the Beregowski and An-Sky (Ethnographic Expedition) recordings have
been put on a CD by the Kiev Institute for Information Recording of the
Vernadsky Nationale Library of Ukraine. It was supposed to be the first of
a series of CD's but I don't think more has been released, probably a
matter of fundings. The CD can maybe still be ordered from them, see their
webpage at:  http://www.ipri.kiev.ua/
TheCd contains mostly voccal material and two or three instrumental
recordings if my memory serves me well.

Best,
Gerben

> Dear list-khewre,
>
> I once heard that a lot of Beregowski's old and unique recordings
>(cylinders) has been found in Kiev a few years ago and that the
>governement was just allowing to some foreign musicologists to copy them,
>provided that they leave the recording hardware in Ukrainia after use...
> Is it true and how is it going on?
>
> A dank!
>
> Michal
>

> Michel Borzykowski
> 12 chemin Franconis
> CH-1290 Versoix
> Switzerland
> tel (+41/22) 755.41.23
> fax (+41/22) 776.14.94
> e-mail: borzykowski (at) infomaniak(dot)ch
> Geneva klezmer page: http://borzykowski.users.ch

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->