Re: Beregowski's recordings

Dear Michal,

(Further to Ari's message, which arrived as I was typing...)

Israel Adler, from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, is working on
these recordings. You could try contacting the Jewish Music research
centre in Jerusalem to see how the work is progressing - contact details
are on their web page: http://shum.cc.huji.ac.il/~jmrc/jmrc.htm

The only information I've seen published is:

Adler, I. (1995) The study of Jewish music: a bibliographical
guide. (Yuval Monograph Series, 10). Jerusalem: Magnes Press.

Adler, I. (1995) ÇË la recherche de chants perdusÈ: La red?couverte des
collections du 'Cabinet' de musique juive de Moisei J. Beregovski'. In
Ndroje balendro: Musiques, terraines et disciplines, ed. Dehoux, U. et
al. Paris: Peters. (in French)

However, both of these are probably a bit out of date now, though the
latter one contains, I think, quite a bit of information about the
inventory of the collection.

I'd be interested to hear any information you find out about this work!

Zei gezunt,

Abbi Wood