A new kind of Jewish Music: "Kabbalah Blues/Quantum Funk"

I'd like to introduce you to an entirely new kind of Jewish music?the music
of The Revolution Ensemble and our new CD "Kabbalah Blues/Quantum Funk"
(KBQF). This CD is unlike anything you've ever heard?in fact it's unlike
anything we've ever played! It encompasses the groove of contemporary
American urban music, the improvisational freedom of jazz, the structural
complexity and tonal color of classical music, the raw energy of rock, the
irreverence of the avant-garde, and the lyricism of popular American song.
And it is all tied together with themes from Kabbalah and Jewish liturgy.
If you're looking for Klezmer, or Israeli folk/pop, you won't find it here
(not that there's anything wrong with either of those!) What you will find
is a creative, exhilarating, and cutting-edge music that brings Jewish ideas
into a modern musical world. Even with its ever-shifting textures, however,
Kabbalah Blues/Quantum Funk is highly accessible. Here's what Hedy Weiss of
the Chicago Sun-Times said about the premiere of KBQF at last year's Chicago
Humanities Festival:

"Peter Saltzman and his Revolution Ensemble presented the premiere of
?Kaballah Blues/Quantum Funk,¹ an ambitious, richly layered, wonderfully
accessible 55-minute work for elaborate jazz combo and vocalists."
Taking off on a cosmic theme, Saltzman has unified the ancient and spiritual
(in the form of Jewish prayer and mysticism), with the modern and scientific
(in the form of quantum physics and the search for universal forces). Using
a subtle blend of traditional Jewish melodies, jazz standards and early 20th
century sounds from Gershwin to Debussy (with lyrics sung deftly by Gingi
Lehera, backed hauntingly by percussionist Jeff Stitely) the composer also
suggested the connection between the love of God, and the love between a man
and a woman."

(NOTE: The CD version has been expanded to 73 minutes?even more great
music.)
Preliminary responses to the CD from our fans have been equally effusive in
their praise, but you need to judge for yourself. And you can do that
immediately by going to our web-site. http://www.revolutionensemble.com/
There you can sample all of the tracks and purchase the CD, along with other
CDs and sheet music by Ensemble members. (In about a month the CD will be
available at several Internet and conventional retailers but why wait? It
makes a great Chanuka gift for music lovers.)
Click here to try and/or buy the CD from our site:
http://www.revolutionensemble.com/

If you already own KBQF please feel free to spread the word by forwarding
this email to friends, family and associates.
Thank you,

Peter Saltzman and The Revolution Ensemble

--
Peter Saltzman
peter (at) revolutionensemble(dot)com