Re: Glass Harmonica

on 10/24/00 4:21 PM, Lori Cahan-Simon at l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org
wrote:

> I remember him.  He used to play under the pavilion at Newmarket on 2nd street
> between Lombard and South alot.  Really nice guy.  As I recall, his were all
> separate glasses, NOT all of the same size, played by running the fingers
> around
> the rims, not the B. Franklin spindle arrangment.  My favorite part was when
> he
> would play harmonies and chords with many fingers at once on his judiciously
> juxtaposed glasses.
>
> Lorele

Sounds like the same guy, I wish I could remember his name. A number of
years later, he played on Johnny Carson, or some similar late night TV show.
Yes, his chordal playing and harmonies were great.

Obviously, there's different types of glass harmonicas, I knew he used water
in his.

--
Seth Austen
please visit me on the web at http://www.sethausten.com