Re: CD Re-issue of "Yaffa Yarkoni Sings Yiddish" is =Yofi=

Thanks Wolf for the tip and Simon for venturing into the murky world of record
production.

Glenn Osser was indeed a wonderful arranger who did a lot of work for Columbia
in the 1960s. His orchestrations for both Johnny Mathis and Jerry Vale were
beautifully executed.

Musical tidbit: The Osssers were from my mother-in-law's hometown of Munising,
Michigan in the Upper Peninsula. Glenn's parents were local merchants. In a
French-Canadian town, they were one of the few Jewish families.

I haven't checked this, but maybe Simon, our LA connection,  has more info.

Eliott Kahn