Re: Confusing Posting Criteria

Wolf,

I am sorry that you took a note to the list as directed to yourself,
personally. As has been true for the decade or so that this list has run, when
I have an issue with someone's individual postings, I do send private e-mail to
the person involved. This has been true of previous interactions with some list
members, yourself included, and did lead to the person you mentioned being
dropped from the list, twice. When there is an issue that I think is important
to the list, then I send e-mail to the list, and note that it is a general
message. Private e-mail to me is also an effective, and list-friendly way to
question list policies.

Again, I am sorry that you chose to take my request as a personal attack, and
post this publicly lest there is anyone on the list who came to a similar
conclusion.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/