shabbash

I checked with a friend who checked with a Sephardic friend re: the word
Shabbash and here is what she said:
"the word shibesh (prounounced by sephardim as "tzshibeh") means TIP. She
says they are yelling for a tip i.e. for money and that this is often still
the custom.  Gold coins money and gift of jewellery flow during their
ceremony and during the dancing. Even brides and grooms have gold coins
thrown at them she says. "
Still trying to find out how this relates to the Ashkenazic custom and the
word "shabbes."  Every time I show the Rivkind text to someone, I get a
different interpretation.
Will keep you posted.
Helen