Re: how can something as lame as "Jesus Day" be threatening?

Trudi,

Hope's feelings were not hurt by Mark, they were hurt because
I said that it was an inappropriate post to the list, which it
was. I have communicated with Hope off-list, as I wish any
further extensions of this topic would do.

One reason I prefer that we stick to jewish-music is because
the confusion from not reading each other's posts on this one
subject causes enough confusion without adding more! :-).

We all have concerns that have nothing to do with Jewish-music.
(I =hope= we all have concerns that have nothing to do with
Jewish music.) This list, however, is for that part of our lives
that concerns just this one subject--and even at that, there are
people who can't participate simply because in our enthusiasm
we overwhelm their person sense of e-mail.

It needs to be okay to occasionally suggest that a posting has
strayed a bit farther over the line than seems fair to the list.

And it needs to be possible for someone like Mark Rubin, or you,
or whomever, to respond to a tense situation with a joke without
being taken to task by the serious police. It's okay to give
people the benefit of the doubt.

I'm listening to Anthony Coleman's brilliant, "disco by night"
as I write this. Wonderful jazz in which Jewish melodies fill
as though by reflex as he musically describes the Balkans that
he knew (and come to think of it, me too!) before and since the
war. Anyone else want to mention some recent, or seldom-mentioned
avant Jewish music?

ari