RE: Malcolm Miller Paper in London Conference

Judy Pinnolis mentions here Malcolm Miller's paper in the London Conference.
This is
just to let list members know that all the abstracts of the London conference
are
available on the JMI website.  Follow the trail: Education - Conferences -
Third London
International conference - Abstracts.  The abstracts are in Alphabetical order.

Malcolm also gave a talk on Goldschmidt in the follow-on conference 'Thwarted
Voices:
composers suppressed by the Third Reich' This conference focused on the
composition
students of Franz Schreker and was very successful.  Many Festivals, Orchestras
and
Radio Stations are now clamouring for programmes on this music, and they are
also keen
on having recitals performed by the wonderful Andrusier Ensemble. Rave reviews
of their
concert at St John's, of music by Schreker and his students, Goldschmidt,
Rathaus and
Krenek appeared in The Times and the Daily Telegraph.  The abstract is under
Conferences - Thwarted Voices and the concert programme under performances -
festivals,
tenth festival, and the concert by date was 2 July.

JMI is considering publishing the whole papers from the conferences on the
website and
anyone wanting them will be asked for a small fee.  We would be interested to
know what
kind of demand their may be for such a service and whether colleagues will be
willing to
pay about five dollars to download a paper of particular interest.  Please let
me know
your views, which will be interesting on line, or you can reply to me directly.

Geraldine

Geraldine Auerbach MBE
Jewish Music Institute
School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
P O Box 232, Harrow, HA1 2NN
Tel 020 8909 2445   Fax 020 8909 1030
E-mail jewishmusic (at) jmi(dot)org(dot)uk
Website www.jmi.org.uk