Re: Fw: "Menorah Records" & "Collectors Guild"

Hi, all.

The Stambler collection of +/- 3,000 items was sold in the 1960s to the LOC
and the NYPL as this correspondent indicates upon the death of Benedict
Stambler. Most went to the NYPL, where I believe it is now in storage as
they are renovating the Rodgers and Hammerstein archive. Should be out soon.

If anyone has a research need to know what was in the collection (since the
library records at the LOC and NYPL do NOT indicate Stambler as the source)
please check with me by private email and I will send you in the right
direction.

Best,

Joel

At 04:16 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Here's some info

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com