Re: who knows about these recordings? Voltaire

I'd say I would have spoken more truly to claim that "The Family that plays
together" was a =good= album. The =great= spirit album is "The 12 Dreams of Dr.
Sardonicus," which is a great album, regardless. Still, a heavy
metalish version of "Hine ma tov" was pretty out front for 1968, and
a nice choice of song to declare as "Jewish", I thought. (On the album,
the song is simply titled "Jewish".)

I don't remember anything about California other than he was Jewish. His
stepfather was a jazz drummer, who became the band's drummer, and continued
to play with Randy and whomever under the name "spirit" long after the
original band broke up. The reformed band was pretty bad, but the four
albums recorded by the original band are often considered classics. I'd
go so far as to state that the last of the four ("The Family that plays
together" was number two) was a classic.

I don't remember hearing anything else Jewish in the recordings, though.

ari