Re: online version of german klez-book

Stefan,

This is great work! It also caused me to discover that I had never listed Ms.
Bauer's book in my print bibliography on the klezmershack
(http://www.klezmershack.com/contacts/klezwords.html#print).

Your observation concurs with what we discovered when I was at Addison-Wesley.
At least for now, and at least in those cases where we compared, posting a book
online seems to increase sales. It obviously also makes the information
available to a wider audience, which is also very neat.

vielen dank! In your honor I'll put up the German klezmershack logo!

ari

At 11:21 PM 6/15/00 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi book-lovers,
>
> i just finished the html-version of the (unfortunately only german)
> book "von der khupe zum klezkamp" (author: Susan Bauer).
> everybody understanding some words may read it at the german
> site on klezmer-music: <http://www.klezmer.de>www.klezmer.de
> (the direct link to the book:
>
> <http://www.klezmer.de/Bucher/S_Khupe-Inhalt/s_khupe-inhalt.html>http://ww
> w.klezmer.de/Bucher/S_Khupe-Inhalt/s_khupe-inhalt.html)
>
> by the way: online-versions of books may be (under certain circumstances) a
> good thing.
> Some of my readers send me mails explainig that they where encouraged to buy
> the book
> because they've read parts of the www-book.
> (just wanted to say that -
> knowing that the work necessary for the html-isation does not compare to the
> result).
>
> greetings,
> Stefan (gus) Bauer.

Ari Davidow