Re: Bracha Zefira

Joel

IMI in Israel have all the recordings of Bracha Zefira, but, I believe they
have for years now stoped producing the CDs or tapes. If they still have the
originals, I may be able to convince them to make one off copies for me. I
will try. They list three recordings -  one with Orchestra and small
ensembles, performing Partos, Lavry, Boskovich and Ben Haim. Second with
Nahum Nardi on piano performing Israeli songs, and the third recording songs
by her performing with an ensemble. Her songs (which were only melodies)
were arrnaged on this recording by Lakner, Maayani, Avni, Paul Ben Haim, and
Haim Alexander. It looks like she is not singing on it but H. Ben Haim,
soprano is the singer.

Incidentally, as a soprano myself, I have performed two years ago in London
with an Israeli Dancer, Nima Jacoby (the grand daughter of the composer
Jacoby) a programme dedicated to Bracha Zefira. Nima visited Bracha Zefira?s
archive, which contains all the music she collected herself, and we
performed (me singing, Nima dancing) music from that archive. The Library
contains hundreds and hundreds of songs written and arranged for her, by all
the Israeli composers at the time, who all admired her voice and
personality, together with some of her own songs. There was also a book
published about her life I believe, with music, and a documentary which is
available on Video (for sale??? I will need to find out) produced by the
Israeli TV ? very interesting indeed.

I found her most fascinating and will try to find out if the recordings are
available.

I will let you know soon.

Yours

Noa