Bracha Zefira

Chevra:

Is anyone familiar with the Ladino recordings of Bracha Zefirah? Born of
Yemeni parents, raised by several "eastern" families; steeped in their
music, while also learning traditional Sephardic songs from Yitzhak Navon.
Accompanied first on piano by Nahum Nardi, in 1930s, her repertory was
later re-set by Paul Ben-Haim, Marc Lavry and Oedoen Partos, among others,
in a Western Art song idiom.

I have a cassette of Israeli CBS recordings, but it's obviously from much
earlier masters and I'd love to know when the original recordings were made
and distributed.

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com