Re: Dror Yikra

I can find very little information about Dror Yikra; as previously advised,
it was apparently composed by a 10-th century grammarian and poet named
Dunash ben Labrat.  One previous advisement was slightly incorrect, however:
  The author incorporated his name as an acrostic into the initial letters
of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th (of 6) verses--not into "each of the four
verses," as previously advised.

The core themes of this piyyut or zemira are the eventual redemption of the
Jewish people and that punishment will be meted out to our enemies.

Hope this helps a mite--Robert Cohen