RE: In defense of the recorder

>Guilds held control over the composition of kapelyes.

What?  Who?  Where?  Maybe music directors in the Warsaw theater made
formal exclusions, and this still needs to be checked if its true, but no
such guilds existed in towns and villages.  You can not find take one
little fact and rip it out of its context to make general, sweeping
statements this way.

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky