RE: music notation

If you add more lines to the data, you can give not values and even chords.

This line indicates underlying chords
This line indicates note value. (eg 1/8 eight note,1/4 quarter note,1 whole
note,  1/8. = dotted eighth, etc.)
This line indicates note pitch.
This line indicates lyrics (when applicable.)
This has been tried on other lists. It's ridiculously cumbersome.

Sound clips (wav, RealAudio, midi) are a great way to get music across the
net. If not sent as attachments to allay fears or virus infections, then
available on web or ftp sites. Similarly, printed music can be shared using
Adobe Acrobat PDF files, or scanned images as jpeg or other type graphic
files (with due respect for copyright in all these methods.)

Adrian
Adrian A. Durlester  -  durleste (at) home(dot)com
http://members.home.net/durleste/
Student, Vanderbilt University Divinity School
http://divinity.lib.vanderbilt.edu/vds/vds-home.htm
Music Director, Congregation Micah, Nashville, TN http://www.micahnash.org/
Home phone (615) 646-9788 Nextel cel-phone (615) 207-2661
You can page me from http://www.nextel.com
List-Owner for hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org; Co-Owner for L-Torah (at)
shamash(dot)org
http://uahc.org/hanashir
Editor, Bim Bam (for Torah Aura Productions) http://www.torahaura.com/
Alternate Email: aad (at) iname(dot)com  adriand (at) aol(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->