Re Protocols of the Elders of Zion

This is not music related, but I do believe it is an important issue. I
received this from another list to which I subscribe.

<<I am forwarding the following message from my brother, Cantor Daniel Green.
I checked his information and unfortunately, it is indeed correct.
Joyce Levine
Hebrew Academy of Nassau County
Uniondale, NY

Chevra,

I have learned that Barnes and Noble is carrying this notorious
anti-Semitic book
both online and in its stores under the Judaica category.  If
that were all, Dayenu.  I am sorry to report that the situation
is even worse, for Barnes and Noble has "customer reviews" on
its website to spread even more lies and hatred to the whole
world.  I quote the following horrible "review" verbatim:

CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Number of Reviews: 2    Average Rating:  5 Stars

L.Weinman, a History Professor from NY, November 1, 1999,
You cannot argue facts using censorship...
The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, issued by Theodore
Herzl to the Zionist Congress held in Basel, Switzerland in
1897. He outlines a plan for world power by gaining control of
the media, politicians, governments, etc., to build the 'New
World Order.' Written 100 years ago, today we can see it's plans
becoming a reality before our very own eyes. Confronting the
historical events that took place after the book was written and
the plans outlined inside it, provides an iron proof of the book
authenticity.

END OF QUOTE

Rabbi Eric A. Silver of Cheshire, CT has written the following
response, and I have followed suit.  I urge you to check this
out on the Barnes and Noble website and consider sending them
the same message:

     "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" is an anti-Semitic
forgery created to disparage Jews and to disseminate hatred.  I
was appalled to discover that you are listing the book on your
internet site under Judaica, and concurrently, carrying it in
your stores under the same heading.
     "Since I am a believer in freedom of the press, I would
question only your judgment in carrying the book at all, since
it is a scurrilous, hate-mongering text.  However, you do not
have the right to carry it under the rubric of "Judaica" because
that is what it manifestly is not.  Would you carry a book
written by the KKK purporting to be an African-American plot to
take over the world as "Black Literature?"  In the name of
honesty, I insist that you not participate in the
misrepresentation of this book as "Judaica."  Perhaps you should
create a separate category called "hate-literature" or
"propaganda" and carry it there with the disclaimer that the
book is, in fact, a forgery.  That in the name of honesty.
     "In the name of sheer decency, you should not carry the book
at all.  In the name of responsible business practices, you owe
it to your customers to act immediately and unequivocally, and
to cease being a partner in a fraudulent venture that has cost
untold thousands of lives.
     "I will not patronize Barnes and Noble, its internet site or
its stores, until you do something to remedy this situation.  I
will do my level best to advise as many people as I can of the
fact that you are carrying this scurrilous anti-Semitic tract
and are misrepresenting it as "Judaica" rather than the
hate-literature it is."

Cantor Daniel Green
Congregation B'nai Israel
Toms River, New Jersey>>