Reply to Reyzl : Re: Moni Ovadia

I know what I meant  and  art song style is not it.

Jacob

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:28:37 -0500 Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky
<reyzl (at) flash(dot)net> writes:

>Isabelle,
>
>So glad you said.  I read the Jacob's response and thought, "hell, I
>don't have time to deal with this."  I think we should go back to
>"overwrought" to describe the singing, and I think Jacob meant "art song
style".
>Not everyone likes "art song style" of singing for folk songs, but
several
>wonderful singers have shown us how superlative this style can be,
>e.g., Isa Kremer.   Now, we know that cantors in the late 19th century
>Europe were highly by opera, maybe the surprise here is that a Sefardic
one is?

>Reyzl

Jacob Freedman -- Host/Producer
Sunday Morning Klezmer & Other Jewish Music:
A Radio & Internet Exploration of  Jewish Music, Art, & Culture
E-Mail &  Url Addresses -- sundaymorningklezmer (at) usa(dot)net
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/WBZCFMsndymrnngklzmr

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.