Re: Moni Ovadia

Reyzl,

Both  cantors and opera performers push their voices, beyond the normal
range of standard vocalization, in song; in duration, range, and volume
of audible sound. Normal song for the most part has a rounded tone.
Cantors and opera performers flatten the tone of their voices to  emulate
the tone; set in either trope? or musical script. They see their voices,
as a musician would see a well, tuned instrument; a means to an end.  The
opera performer reaches for the composer's written word and fights
against the history of previous performers and performances. The cantor
has a similar goal with the added obligations to eternity.  I would  say
Moni Ovadia's performance in his cd "Moni Ovadia Theatre Orchestra" shows
influences, from both of these music styles and various other musical
influences.

Jacob

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:08:50 -0500 Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky
<reyzl (at) flash(dot)net> writes:
>Jacob,
>>is similar  to that of cantors or opera performers.
>Now please explain what you mean with that
>Please speak engelish.

>Reyzl

>----------

Jacob Freedman -- Host/Producer -- 6:00 to 10:00 a.m. E.S.T   | 88.9 FM -
A Voice for         |
Sunday Morning Klezmer & Other Jewish Music:                       |
Burlington County, NJ         |
A Radio & Internet Exploration of  Jewish Music, Art, & Culture |
http://www.bcc.edu/radio |
E-Mail &  Url Addresses -- sundaymorningklezmer (at) usa(dot)net
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/WBZCFMsndymrnngklzmr

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.