Re: Israeli Klezmer

When I was in Israel almost a dozen (i.e., too many) years ago, I went to a
concert of klezmer music that was billed as something like "traditional
European" (I _may_ still have the program) klezmer--by which they meant,
violin-centered.  That is, pre-transplanted to America, and thus
pre-clarinet centered.  The music had a very different sound to me than
American klezmer revival bands:  much more
intimate/quieter/"softer"/mellower, sort of.  Almost like "klezmer chamber"
(cousin of today's ["Radical Jewish Music"/Knitting Factory/etc.] klezmer
jazz?).  I liked it, fwtw.  Possibly (or probably) naive question:  Who's
playing klezmer in that style today, here or in Europe or in Israel? -- rlc