Re: misirlou

In a message dated 1/6/00 9:30:28 AM, winklerh (at) hotmail(dot)com writes:

<< I'm still trying to find out how this Greek-American dance became an
Israeli
folk dance (apparently taught to the music Tzena Tzena when first introduced
by visiting Israeli dance teachers).

I don't really know anything about this, but I do know a Greek-American woman
who used to live in a very Jewish neighborhood in Chicago. She knew some
Israeli-American women who lived around there. She said they always wanted to
listen to her records of Greek music, the "real Greek" stuff. Apparently that
music was popular in Israel.

Josh