Re: recording

I think everyone's advice on recording has been excellent, rational and to
the point.
I know several people who have recorded CD's, have not recouped their money,
but are nevertheless happy they did it.  Some people are driven to record,
without knowing whether  there's an audience out there.  If you really want
to record -  go for it - if it's meant to be, somehow the funding will come.
This was my philosophy, and it worked, I've had much " nachas" from my CD
(Lullabies from Jerusalem), I still haven't got all the money back, but it
has opened up doors that I never thought of.  For example in July I'm going
to London, where I will visit approx 20 residential homes for the elderly
(under the auspices of the Jewish Music Heritage Trust), and will be singing
lullabies to the residents, but also, more interestingly, will be recording
the elderly (the lullabies and childrens songs that they remember from their
childhoods).  So, Good Luck!!