Re: promiscuous fusionizers (footnote)

I'm going to mostly stay on the periphery here, listening (isn't that a lot
better than "lurking"--sounds like I'm going to mug someone), but I I do
want to mention that Ari's point makes me think, by (loose) analogy of (my
disdain for) the Gershwin estate, which is especially zealous about
protecting, and extending, the copyright to melodies that were originally,
in some cases at least, borrowed (or fused) from other sources--like our
liturgy. -- rlc