Re: ben shahn (P.S.)

I'm not knowledgeable about Ben Shahn--I believe the Jewish Museum recently
had a major exhibition about him--but he and his work certainly do seem
susceptible to stereotyping:  that is, to being the (iconic?) object of
same.  Remember Woody Allen's ANNIE HALL character reducing his (adorable--a
personal addendum) (Carol Kane) pick-up to a "cultural stereotype," as her
character puts it (I think the name was Allison Porchnik--priceless in
itself) via invoking Ben Shahn, among others?