Re: promiscuous fusionizers

> Henry Sapoznik wrote:
>
> >I think klezmer suffers from both high artification and from the
> promiscuous
> >fusionizers who meld it with music forms they understand far better than
> they
> >do klezmer.
> >IMnotsoHO...
>
> Very well said and right on target.   "Promiscuous fusionizers"

H-mm.  So the creative non-conformist who expresses him/herself witha lot of
personal and contemporary style, and not from an expected  position based on
archived yiddishkayt-in-a-box nostalgia or novelty, is now musically immoral,
too?  Interesting concept.

In my experience, the word "promiscuous" is usually trotted out by the envious
and the vengeful in an attempt to besmirch somebody's character because they
are perceived as having too much or the wrong kind of close interpersonal
contact.
I don't like it.

Please, -- Kabalas, Alan Eder/Pesach Posse, Klezperanto, Neshama, et al.,
keep making more great, original and  "promiscuous" music.

Remember to practice safe sax.

Wolf Krakowski

Kame'a Media
http://www.kamea.com