Polka & Klez

Hi-- My band the Klezbeets & I are giving a joint presentation/concert with a
local Polka band this weekend.  Supposed to be a trust-building event between
the Buffalo Jewish & Polish communities, whose relations have been frayed as of
late.  Does anyone have any information on the relationship between Polka music
(which I know very little about) and klezmer?  Or on the history/evolution of
Polka music so I can point to similarities & differences?

Any help, sources (books, articles, webpages) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete Rushefsky
5-string banjo, tsimbl
The Klezbeets (Buffalo, NY)
12 Corners Klezmer Band (Rochester, NY)
rushefsky_p (at) univerahealthcare(dot)org
www.12cornersklezmer.com
716-857-4481 w
716-883-5938 h