Re: Cataloguing

Thank you Robert Cohen's for your message  to me re cataloguing Jewish
Music. The most interesting thing you said was that you had a fairly or even
very extensive collection that was uncatalogued.  This reinforces my belief
that there are lots of uncatalogued collections, and lots of partly
catalogued collections, and each person that ventures forth, uses a
different and made up system for their own collection.  We hope to create
something where collections can talk to each other, so to speak.  Thanks for
your encouragement.  Also thank you very much for identifying what you may
want to search for in a catalogue, viz. the text, particularly to find where
liturgical text is used in the folk style.  We will bear this in mind. I
hope you dont mind me showing your letter to the list.  It may stimulate
others to think about what they would need/want in a catalogue of this
nature)

Re the conference.  The date for submissions was 30 September and over 60
very interesting papers have been received.  However late submissions from
list members may be considered.

Best Wishes
Geraldine
From:
Geraldine Auerbach
Jewish Music Heritage Trust
P O Box 232 Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2NE
Tel +44 (0)181 909 2445, Fax +44 (0)181 909 1030
E-mail: jewishmusic (at) jmht(dot)org
Web-site: http://www.jmht.org