Re: Old World vs. New World klez

All this talk about the bulgar has made me think of another question re:
dance style.  From the descriptions and old Yiddish movies, it appears to me
that the freilach and sher were danced with very humble movements, shuffling
little steps, nothing broad or expansive.  Since the bulgar was adopted from
the non-Jewish society and came into its own on American soil in the Jewish
population, was it danced with more bravado than the older Jewish dances?  I
know in Bulgarian dance, the pravo which is similar to the bulgar is always
danced proudly, nothing humble about it.
Helen